Research in primary and secondary computing education is a young field with strong ties to national educational systems. Nevertheless, its theories, methods, and results are internationally applicable and of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field.
WiPSCE aims at improving the exchange of research and practice relevant to teaching and learning in primary and secondary computing education, teacher training, and related research.
WiPSCE has its roots in a long-running workshop of the German computing education community and is run in cooperation with ACM SIGCSE. Accepted papers will be published in the WiPSCE 2016 proceedings as part of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series. The proceedings will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
We will organize working group sessions in which participants work on a specific theme. The outcomes of the working groups will be peer-reviewed and may be published as part of the conference proceedings. The themes are:
- Concepts of Teacher Education in Computing
- Computing Education in Primary Schools (grades 1-4)
- Submission deadline: 24 May 2017.
- Re-submission deadline: 1 June 2017.
- Submission deadline for poster/demo abstracts: 30 June 2017.
- Notification of acceptance: 28 July 2017.
- Submission of revised manuscripts: 15 September 2017.
- Early Registration deadline: 8 October 2017.
All deadlines are midnight "anywhere on earth". There will be no extensions.