Research in primary and secondary computing education is a young field with strong ties to national educational systems. Nevertheless, its theories, methods, and results are internationally applicable and of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field.
WiPSCE is the premier international venue for school-level computing education. It aims to improve the exchange of research and practice relevant to teaching and learning in primary and secondary computing education, teacher training, and related research.
WiPSCE draws participants from all parts of the world and is run in cooperation with ACM SIGCSE. Its roots are from a long-running workshop of the German computing education community, but it is now hosted in countries across Europe, as well as in Germany. Accepted papers will be published in the WiPSCE 2021 proceedings as part of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series. The proceedings will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
If you have registered for the ILTB+ (German only), you will find all further Information, e.g. the program, on the following website.
- Submission opensMarch 28, 2021
- Submission deadline (*)full/short paper abstractsMay 30, 2021
- Resubmission deadlinefull/short papersJune 06, 2021
- Notification of acceptancefull/short papersJuly 16, 2021
- Submission deadlineposter/demo abstractsJuly 20, 2021
- Notification of acceptanceposter/demo abstractsAugust 04, 2021
- Submission of revised manuscriptsAugust 15, 2021
- Late registration starting fromOctober 14, 2021
- ConferenceOctober 18, 2021
All deadlines are midnight "anywhere on earth".
(*) We offer a re-submission slack. This means that title and abstract of papers must be submitted by the first deadline, but it will be possible to upload the full versions of papers until the second deadline. Paper abstracts that are not submitted by the first deadline will not be considered - we need the information to assign the submissions to the reviewers.