WiPSCE 2020 is over now. We would like to thank everyone who was involved in preparing and running the conference, our sponsors IZFB and Adesso for their financial support, and also all our participants for filling the virtual conference venue with real-world life. For everyone, who missed the conference: the proceedings are available in the ACM digital library. Looking forward to see you again at WiPSCE 2021.
Research in primary and secondary computing education is a young field with strong ties to national educational systems. Nevertheless, its theories, methods, and results are internationally applicable and of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field.
WiPSCE is the premier international venue for school-level computing education. It aims to improve the exchange of research and practice relevant to teaching and learning in primary and secondary computing education, teacher training, and related research.
WiPSCE draws participants from all parts of the world and is run in cooperation with ACM SIGCSE. Its roots are from a long-running workshop of the German computing education community, but it is now hosted in countries across Europe, as well as in Germany. Accepted papers will be published in the WiPSCE 2020 proceedings as part of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series. The proceedings will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
- Submission opensFebruary 12, 2020
- Submission deadline (*)full/short paper abstractsJune 01, 2020May 04, 2020
- Resubmission deadlinefull/short papersJune 07, 2020May 10, 2020
- Notification of acceptancefull/short papersJuly 13, 2020June 15, 2020
- Submission deadlineposter/demo abstractsJuly 28, 2020June 28, 2020
- Notification of acceptanceposter/demo abstractsAugust 12, 2020July 13, 2020
- Submission of revised manuscriptsAugust 25, 2020July 26, 2020
- Early registration deadlineOctober 04, 2020
- ConferenceOctober 28, 2020
All deadlines are midnight "anywhere on earth".
(*) We offer a re-submission slack. This means that title and abstract of papers must be submitted by the first deadline, but it will be possible to upload the full versions of papers until the second deadline. Paper abstracts that are not submitted by the first deadline will not be considered - we need the information to assign the submissions to the reviewers.