Exchange of Ideas: Research Situation in Computer Science Education Research in Switzerland
We invite researchers in Computer Science Education in Switzerland to participate in an exchange of ideas on the research situation in Computer Science Education in Switzerland after the "17th Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education”. This exchange will take the form of a free workshop in the afternoon of the last day of the conference. To enable participation of researchers from all language regions of Switzerland, the workshop will be held in English. The aim of the workshop is, among other things, to answer the following questions:
- What are the specific research needs in the field of Computing Education?
- Which of these research needs lack adequate financial resources and research programs?
- What might a research program look like that addresses these needs?
The results of the workshop will be made available to the Hasler Foundation in the form of a white paper. We will soon publish registration information on the conference website.
A PDF-Version of the workshop announcement can be downloaded here: Download Workshop Announcement.
We will structure the workshop roughly as follows:
- Welcome and thematic introduction
- Generate discussion topics based on participants’ input prior to the workshop
- Discuss and categorize the suggested topics
- Work on selected topics in subgroups
- Summarize and synthesize discussion results in preparation of a white paper
In preparation for the workshop, all registered participants will be asked to complete a short online survey on the following topics prior to the workshop:
- What kind of computing education research do you, or would you like to, engage in?
- What kinds of obstacles are you facing trying to conduct this kind of research?
- What are unique opportunities and challenges to computing education research in Switzerland?
The survey can also be completed by people who don't attend the workshop.
Time and place
The workshop will take place in Mattli Antoniushaus (see Practical Information) right after the WiPSCE from 1.00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Participation is free of charge, but registration is required. Attendance at WiPSCE is not a prerequisite for participation in this workshop.
Registration for participation is possible via the following form: Registration via Google Forms. With your registration you agree to the storage of your data on Google servers.
Registration Deadline: October 16, 2022
This workshop is organized by Mareen Grillenberger in cooperation with Alexander Repenning and Engin Bumbacher.
The Workshop report can be downloaded here: Download Workshop Report.