Research in primary and secondary computing education is a young field with strong ties to national educational systems. Nevertheless, its theories, methods, and results are internationally applicable and of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field.
The WiPSCE conference is the premier international venue for school-level computing education. It aims to improve the exchange of research and practice relevant to teaching and learning in primary and secondary computing education, teacher training, and related research. The WiPSCE conference is a descendant of a long-running workshop of the German computing education community (hence its acronym: Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education - WiPSCE). It is now held as an international annual conference alternating between different, mostly European, countries and Germany.
WiPSCE draws participants from all parts of the world and is run in cooperation with ACM SIGCSE. Its roots are from a long-running workshop of the German computing education community, but it is now hosted in countries across Europe, as well as in Germany. Accepted papers will be published in the WiPSCE 2023 proceedings as part of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series, which will be included in the ACM Digital Library.
We are delighted to welcome Google as a sponsor of the 18th WiPSCE Conference on Primary and Secondary Computing Education Research. Google believes that every student deserves the opportunity to access the benefits of a computing education to help shape their future. With support from Google, we are able to offer free places to five UK computing teachers, enabling them to develop their own classroom practice and become advocates for research-informed approaches to teach computing.
WiPSCE proceedings are now live in the ACM Digital Library.
- Pre-Review submission deadlineall submission categoriesMarch 06, 2023
- Pre-Review submission feedbackall submission categoriesMarch 27, 2023
- Submission opensMarch 28, 2023
- Submission deadlinefull/short paper abstractsApril 24, 2023
- Resubmission deadlinefull/short papersMay 02, 2023
- Notification of acceptancefull/short papersJune 12, 2023
- Submission deadlineposter abstractsJune 26, 2023
- Notification of acceptanceposter abstractsJuly 10, 2023
- Submission deadline (camera ready versions | all categories)July 24, 2023
- Early Bird registration DeadlineAugust 27, 2023
- Normal registration starting fromAugust 28, 2023
- ConferenceSeptember 27 - 29, 2023
All deadlines are midnight "anywhere on earth".
(*) We offer a re-submission slack. This means that title and abstract of papers must be submitted by the first deadline, but it will be possible to upload the full versions of papers until the second deadline. Paper abstracts that are not submitted by the first deadline will not be considered - we need the information to assign the submissions to the reviewers.